Thursday 27 November 2008

Statues


Ok as I'm still pretty excited about the rig I decided to do one more thing with it before I call it a day. I really wanted to see how the statues look on the plynths at last. Basically I repositioned the rig into the statue position and duplicated the geometery, deleting any unnecissary parts of the rig to keep the scene clean. Then it was just a case of scaling it negatively to flip reverse the duplicate making for the nice mirror statue model.
I decided to use the same material that the pillars are textured in, because even though it's plain white the global illumination makes it look marbely. This is open to change if anyone has any good ideas, but one way or another I think the pillars and the statues are made from the same material. (Whatever that material be.)
I'm still inspired by the engraving Dan pulled off on his statue plaque, and I'm now wondering if these statues should have similar plaques made in stone. Looking at it the plynths look very very blank, and could perhaps use a plaque with "P.Fontana" engraved on it or something.
Comment any suggestions about this!
Or I could just talk to you both about it tomorrow. That's probably the best plan actually, considering I seriously doubt you'll be reading this before then.

No comments: