Tuesday 25 November 2008

Cleaning up the scene


I decided it was time to reduce poly-count of the scene, as previously it was just not acceptable. My biggest mistake on this whole project was deleting history after smoothing and saving, making it impossible to carry on working with a light scene. I did this without thinking and all I can do is learn for future projects. As you can see though, I have taken away every face and tile that is not needed in the most revealing shot of the mansion. This has reduced my mental ray render time from 8 minuits 40 to 5 minuits 30. Big improvement. Rendering out in layers should also help reduce render time when it comes to the crunch.
I also breifly added some soft modifications closer to the door before the tool stopped working for me. I'll probably ask alex about this tomorrow as well.

No comments: