Monday 24 November 2008

Front door remake




Ok, so today I spent at least an hour with Dan Dalli trying to work out exactly why painting weights refuses to work. All to no avail. So I ended up sending an email to Alex Hulse in the hope that he might be able to help out. (I will still post up some diagramatic notes For the weights and blendshapes in a minuit So you can see what the plan is.)

In the meantime I decided to get to work on the front door, as it's going to be one of the first things you see and at the moment it is very unimpressive.

The bottom one is the origonal remake- it looks far better than the origonal, but was still not quite right. Dan suggested I make it wider, and put the door knockers right down at the bottom to account for Pony's pathetic size. This looks so much better, as you can see in the middle image.
The top was an experiment to see if pulling planks out in a wacky fashion looked good. As you can see it really really does not. Far too busy, so the middle one is the model I will use

No comments: