Wednesday 26 November 2008

Change of scene


Gotta give credit to Dan for this idea. Basically rather than having the mansion set in an open plane with hills surrounding, I've changed it so it perks right on top of a stupidly steep hill. This not only fits in more with the origonal idea of having the mansion atop a hill, but also eliminates growing concerns of how the image plane would work. With the last ground plane, you would still be able to tell it's just a flat plane even with an image plane in the background. With this one, all I will need is a plane showing more hills surrounding this one. This should ease any restrictions on camera movement I might have had. It also looks more cartoony and fun, and has reduced my poly count immensely, speeding render time to 2 minuits 30. Great idea Dan!
I will still work into the ground closer to the mansion with the soft-mod tool as before, just to add some depth to the closeup shots.

No comments: